Friday, September 13, 2013

Week 2 Picks


Well last week certainly could have gone better, but what I think everyone should remember is that they had fun reading (even though my picks were worse than being a Notre Dame fan from 2002-2012). Regardless, we’re back for another fun week and Joe D even decided to grace us with a write up and I don’t want to get weird about it, but it is absolutely fantastic. But, since he didn’t do a write-up last weekend and was so successful, I’m gonna steal his idea. So here are the picks:

Joe

Before I get into my picks this week, I’d like to take a look back at last weeks picks and give you the analysis that only Mr. Saturday Afternoon can offer. First off I must apologize for not giving you a write up with my picks, I was too busy doing absolutely nothing. Anyway, I went 3-3 last week, undefeated on Saturday with an abysmal Sunday and Monday which tells me I’m more dialed in with my NCAA picks this year so I’ll give you 3 College & 3 Pro this week, sound good? Okay, Lets go!

USC -14 vs. Boston College

I know what you’re thinking, how could I possibly pick USC after losing to Washington State? Well because they’re playing Boston College. I actually watched Boston College vs. Villanova week 1 because I have family ties to both schools and it was honestly painful to watch. Boston College could not move the ball against the Steel Curtain like defense of Villanova and even gave up a fake punt for a touchdown. The Trojans are a team coming of an embarrassing loss and will bounce back at home to beat the Eagles by at least 3 TDs.

Fordham +20.5 @ Temple

This one is simple. Temple isn’t beating any team by 3 touchdowns. I don’t care if it’s Fordham, Buffalo, Camden Catholic or Me, Derek, Hoov and 8 other bums, it won’t happen. All we need from the Rams is one TD and we can celebrate. By the way, how about that Houston backdoor cover last week vs. Temple? #MrSaturdayAfternoon

NFL

Philadelphia -7.5 vs. San Diego

I Believe in Chipadelphia!!!... Actually, no I don’t, but I have to admit they looked pretty good on Monday Night. I question if the Eagles could keep up this style of offense up for 16 weeks but for now, I’ll strike while the iron is hot. Also, the west coast team to east coast trend is real. Look for San Diego to come out sluggish with that 4 hour time difference.

Chicago -6.5 vs. Minnesota

The Bears looked impressive in their week 1 victory over the Bengals and traditionally start the season off very strong. The Vikings on the other hand did not look too impressive. The Bears will slow down AP thus shutting down the Vikings chance at leaving the Windy City with a W.

San Francisco +3 @ Seattle

I must really like these games if I’m picking the Eagles, Bears & Niners. As much as I hate to give credit to the big beaked nerd, Colin Kaepernick and his scumbag Head Coach, Jim Harbaugh, San Fran looked really good against my Packers and might just be the best team in the NFL. Although Seattle did cover last week as I predicted, they did not dominate Carolina like everyone expected. I’ll take the 49ers OUTRIGHT!

STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE LOCK OF THE WEEK

Alabama -8 @ Texas A&M

So last week the SCH got off to a slow start when I picked the new look Eagles to go down to RGIII and the Redskins. This week I’m going to go with the game every college football fan has been waiting for since last November, the rematch between Alabama and Texas A&M. Since Nick Saban has taken over at Alabama, the Tide have been tremendous in these “revenge games.” In 2009, Bama beat Florida in an SEC Championship rematch on their way to the National Championship and in 2011 beating LSU in the National Championship after the Tigers beat them earlier in the season. I expect the same result this year and I’ll even give you a final score. 27-14 Tide. 

 

Derek

Oregon State (+3) over Utah

Oregon (-28.5) over Tennessee

Texas (-3) over Ole Miss

No comments:

Post a Comment