Friday, September 6, 2013

Week 1 Picks

Derek DeNote


Out of Our League wasn’t around last football season, and, while I apologize for that, I was quite busy doing big things with my life (like playing copious amounts of NCAA Football). This year Joe and I will be giving great gambling insight, but keep in mind people there is reason why these picks are free. Don’t go betting your mortgage on these (unless, of course, you wanna win your mortgage). But all joking aside, as Colin Cowherd always says, “Don’t bet what you don’t have.” And now without further adieu, here are the picks:

Derek

Cincinatti (-9) over Illinois.

Give me the bearcats in this one for a multitude of reasons. The first being that smokeshow is going to be in attendance and he’s been hyping up this bearcat team all summer, so I’m fairly confident in the W. Tommy Tuberville’s team whooped up on the B1G last week and I’m expecting a repeat performance, expect the run often. Another point, when was the last time Illinois was relevant; Juice Williams, Arrelious Benn? 

South Carolina (+3.5) over Georgia

I want the ol’ ball coach and Connor Shaw in this one. Georgia is notoriously bad in the beginning of the season, but I can guarantee everyone will start talking about Mark Richt on the hot seat and he’ll come close to winning out the rest of the season. This Georgia team is good and at home, but I think Clowney will be a lot for their line to handle (I know, so insightful). Plus you’re giving me a field goal and a half a point to make a mistake and I certainly think South Carolina will keep it close.

Navy (+12) over Indiana

I’m not gonna lie to you, only because I like you, I haven’t watched either of these teams play. But, Navy still runs the option and well, Indiana is still Indiana. No doubting Indiana looked extremely impressive in their opener, but imagine if they actually signed the one-time commit and one-time 5 star, Gunner Kiel.

Notre Dame (+4.5) over Michigan

Notre Dame…outright. I think Notre Dame escapes this one with a W, mainly because I’m not a huge Brady Hoke fan. Also, Brady Hoke probably is a little afraid of Louis Nix…I mean who isn’t and Brady Hoke offended Nix with some preseason comments. Notre Dame’s offense is actually improved with Rees at the helm (Despite my dad still proclaiming that Golson is better than Manziel). Kelly let him loose in the first two drives against Temple and all of a sudden Rees to Daniels was looking like Clausen to Floyd or perhaps Quinn to McKnight for you older fans. I think Kelly kept some things under wraps and the Irish pull out the W.

Joe

NCAA:

Houston (-3) over Temple

Tennessee (+13.5) over Western Kentucky

NFL:

Atlanta Falcons (+3) over New Orleans Saints

Seattle Seahawks (-3.5) over Carolina Panthers

Indianapolis Colts (-10) over Oakland Raiders

And it’s Back!!! The Straight Cash Homie Lock of the Week:

Washington Redskins (-3.5) over Philadelphia Eagles  

No comments:

Post a Comment